Our school supply budget is scheduled to be cut next year by a large sum of money so I’m doing additional research on moving to a paperless (or at least paper reduced) classroom.
This Prezi is an EXCELLENT start to help educators visualize what a paperless classroom might look like.
- Use Moodle, Edmodo, a website, blog, or share via Google Docs lists
- project information on the board
- use tools like GoAnimate, LiveScribe, screencast software, etc. to create mini-lectures
Assignments FROM students:
- collaborate via Google Docs, VoiceThread, Prezi, wikis
- presentations via Glogster, Prezi, Google Docs, VoiceThread
- basic assignments via Google Docs, Edmodo, Moodle
- hand-written assignments can be scanned or photographed in order to still be submitted electronically
- LiveScribe could be a good substitute
- quizzes via Quizlet, Moodle, Google Form, Edmodo
Considerations: students could need increased access to technology